AABP Approves the following certifying bodies as credible toward waiving letters of reference and supervision hour requirements for Professional Membership.
AABP Certifications Approval Criteria
- Requires and confirms at least 2 letters of recommendation
- Requires and confirms at least 30 supervised hands-on professional experience, or in an internship program or some other means of proving professional experience.
- Majority voted by the AABP Advisory Board (Director's vote breaks ties)
Approved Certifying Bodies
- Delta Professional Dog Trainers Association Cert IV Companion Animal Services certification issued by the Delta Society Australia
- IAABC Certification
- BACB Board Certification (Associate or full)